Your Instrument selection page is usually the first interactive page your customers will see when starting the rental process. The instrument selection page can be found at https://www.yourdomain.com/aerntschoolselect (replace "yourdomain" with your actual domain name).
Header and Footer
This page can have graphics and text appear both above and below the school selection drop-downs, but you need to configure your AIM Storefront before you can add content. You will do this by adding two topics to your storefront by exactly following the instructions below.
- Log into your /aesys panel.
- In the left navigation, click “Content” and then “Manage Topics”
- Click “Create Topic” in the upper right of the page.
- Paste “aerntschoolselectheader” in the Topic Name, Title, and Description.
- Check the box for “Published”
Your Topic should look something like this:
- Save, then Close.
- Repeat 3.3-3.6, but use “aerntschoolselectfooter” as the Topic Name, Title, and description.
Now, you'll need to check and make sure it works.
- Refresh your store in /aesys by clicking "Refesh Store" in the top right corner.
- Go to the front end of your website and add /aerntschoolselect.aspx to your url.
- If all steps were followed correctly, your site should be displaying the topic contents on the Instrument Select page. You can now add text, images, and any other content content to your topics and they will display on the page.
If you want to style this page further, only add styles to /Skins/Skin_1/Css/custom.css. Editing the actual index.cshtml file, or any other .css file should not be necessary.
After you've selected Disctrict, School, Teacher, and Instrument, you'll see a table with a list of available rental options. You can make some adjustments to this layout.
There have been requests to remove the "Down Payment" Column, and that can easily be done by changing the "aeRntInstrumentSelectPageHideDownPay" setting in your /aesys panel (Configuration > Settings) to true.
You can also use the setting "aeRntInstrumentSelectPageIncludesMaint" to add a an additional column to this table that shows your maintenance cost. After you have changed your setting values, make sure to hit the "Refresh Store" button in /aesys.
To edit the headers of this table, you can use prompts. In /aesys go to "Contents > Manage Prompts" and search for "aerntInstrumentSelect.aspx" in the name filter. You'll see a list of prompts that can be changed to edit this table.