So you’ve got your website set up to do rentals. AIMsi is connected to your AIMsiStorefront, and and you can get through the rental checkout process, receive funds, and send email receipts – all automatically using AIMsi and AIMsiStorefront together. This all needs to be working before you can move forward with this next process.
The next step of the process is making sure that once your customers have contracted a rental through your website, they can make a payment and view their rental history.
As long as you are not allowing anonymous rentals, your rental customers will have to create an account in the store before completing the rental checkout. If you do allow anonymous checkout, we advise you to turn that off and force your customers to create an account before stepping through the rental process.
Turn off anonymous rentals:
- In /aesys, find the setting (Configuration > Settings) called “aeAllowAnonRentals”
- Set that to “false”
- Refresh your store.
Create Links - To allow access for your customers to view history and make rental payments online, we suggest you create links on the homepage to allow customers to get to these pages:
Allow Access - Now that you have your AIMsiStorefront set up properly to allow customers to navigate to those pages, you need to set up AIMsi to allow customer's information to show on those pages (otherwise they will just appear as blank pages).
- In AIMsi go to ->Maintenance ->XML/EDI -> Active-e C2B & eCommerce -> C2B tab
- Check the highlighed box like in the screenshot below.
Add Content - When all of the above steps have been completed, you should be able to see your pages on your website:
If you would like to add text or images to these pages you can use pre-existing topics in your AIMsiStorefront:
/aepostpayment.aspx – topics:
- aeC2BPaymentConfirmation – message that appears once a payment is made
- aeC2BPaymentHeader – this topic appears at the top of the page but below the header when it is published and contains content. We recommend adding this code to the html view of the topic in addition to your custom text:
<a href="aegethistorylist.aspx" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">View Account History</a><br />
- aeC2BPaymentMailer - Once a customer makes a payment the message in this topic will be sent to them. We recommend adding this code to the html view of this topic:
Ref #(!C2B_PAYREF!)<br />
(!C2B_CUSCITY!), (!C2B_CUSSTATE!)<br />
/aegethistorylist.aspx – topics:
- aeC2BHistoryListHeader – this topic appears at the top of the page but below the header when it is published and contains content. We recommend adding this code to the html view of the topic in addition to your custom text:
<a href="aepostpayment.aspx" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">Make a Payment</a><br />