On your AIMStorefront website, your overall goal is to direct your rental customers to the rental checkout page, but the first step in getting them there is to help them to choose the right instrument, for the right school, using the right rate plan table. If you only have one rate plan table set up in AIM, you only need to set your store up for the Default Rate Plan code. If you are using multiple plan codes, you will see more options below the default rate plan setup.
Default Rate Plan Code Rental Page
After setting up your rentals in AIM, you'll want to make sure they work in your AIM Storefront website. The most direct way to get your customers to view your DEFAULT rental plan by leading them directly to the default plan "School Select" page. This page will exist at www.yoursite.com/aerntschoolselect.aspx (Where "www.yoursite.com" is replaced with your actual website url)
To send traffic to the default 'School select' page, you can set a link from your homepage. We like to put that link in the top navigation bar. On most template websites, you can add that link to the topic "0-template-top-nav" by opening the topic and pasting this code directly below the first line of code that already exists.
When you're done it should look like the screenshot below. Be sure you're using html view by clicking the html view button button at the bottom of the topic editor before pasting in the code.
After saving the topic and refreshing your store, the new link should now show up in your top navigation menu. Your website may look different due to using a different template, but the functionality will be the same.
Configuring the site for Multiple Rate Plan Codes
If you are using multiple plan codes and want to provide links to the rental process for each Rate Plan, you can direct traffic by modifying your url's to include the plan code.
The two easiest ways to do this are as follows:
- Use the /aeRntPlan.aspx page on your website as a landing page. At the bottom of the page is a submit box that allows a customer to enter a given plan code and be taken to the "School Select" page with that Rate Plan Code applied to the order.
You will notice on the /aeRntPlan.aspx the site comes "pre-loaded" with options to test your rentals, your rentals, tee sheets, repairs, and lesson scheduling. This text can all be removed and replaced by editing the topic in /aesys called "aeC2BPlan".
Many of our clients will replace the contents of this topic with a brief paragraph about their rental processes, and instructions to enter a plan code in the box below or leave the box empty and click "submit" to be taken to the default plan rates tables.
- Using Topic pages, you can also create links directly for your different Rate Plans. You will need a basic understanding of html to do this on your own, but even without writing code, you can most likely figure this out.
In this example, I'm going to create a topic /aesys called "TwoRatePlans" and enter the following html into the html view of the topic editor.Here is how it will look in the topic:
<h1>Rentals Page for Plan Codes</h1>
<p>Insert your paragraph text here</p>
<div class="panel panel-warning">
<div class="panel-heading">Rate Plan 1 Title</div>
<p>This is the default rate plan</p>
<a href="/aerntschoolselect" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">Rate Plan 1 link</a>
<div class="panel panel-warning">
<div class="panel-heading">Rate Plan 2 Title</div>
<p>Rate Plan 2 body text</p>
<a href="/aerntschoolselect?PlanCode=VTXSSCH" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">Rate Plan 2 link</a>
Once you have saved the topic and refreshed your store, you will be able to access this page at www.yoursite.com/t-tworateplans.aspx and the page should look like this:
If you plan on changing the text, you can either edit it in design mode or html mode in your topic editor. Notice the link to the Rate Plan code in this example (rate plan 2). Instead of the link pointing to /aerntschoolselect.aspx (the default plan code), it points to /aerntschoolselect?PlanCode=VTXSSCH - which is the code for our "Vortx Support School" rate table that we set up in AIM.
- If you would like to restrict your school listing by the plan code entered you can log into /aesys, go to Configuration > Settings, and change the parameter for the setting called aeRestrictSchoolsByPlan to "true".
- When using a Plan Code on /aerntschoolselect, the topic associated to the selected plan will appear above the School/Teacher selection. If you are bypassing the promo code, you can still have one default plan setup which can also have a topic that will be displayed above the School/Teacher selection.
- In topics related to rate plans, you can use the following display tokens to display information based on the selected plan:
If you are using rental terms specific to a plan, you can use this last display token to create a clickable link, like this:
<div><a href="(!C2B_NRPLANTERMSURL!)">Terms and Conditions</a></div>
- If you only have one teacher set up in AIMsi, the teacher selection drop-down will not appear and the single teacher option will be auto-selected.
- If the /aesys setting "aeOneRentalSelectionPage" = "true", then instruments will be listed underneath the instrument selection drop-down. This is the default configuration. Setting it to false will force the Submit button will appear after you select a teacher. Clicking "Submit" will clear the page and display instruments for your customer to choose from.
Once the instrument is chosen the customer will be taken to the Rental Finalize page. You can learn more about the Rental Finalize page here.