To add PayPal / Venmo as an E-commerce checkout option, follow these steps:
- First, you need to contact PayPal to get started in setting up your account. You can do that by clicking this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-checkout
- Click any of the "Signup" buttons on the page and start the process of applying for your PayPal Checkout account.
- Once you have completed the process of securing your PayPal Checkout account, you'll need to enter your account information in your AIMStorefront. In order to do this, you'll need to know your Login information for PayPal.
Log into your AIMStorefront /aesys panel
- Click Configuration > Payment Methods (its on the lower left third of the configuration menu)
- Click the blue Configure link on the right hand side of the PayPal Checkout section.
- A popup window should open that looks like this:
- Click "Get Your API Credentials" in the pop-up window. It will open another window for you to log into PayPal.
- Enter the values you obtained from PayPal for the API Username, API Password, and Signature.
- Click "Save and Close". Your PayPal Checkout / Venmo payment processor is now configured and that should close all of the popup windows.
- Make sure the Checkbox next to PayPal Checkout is checked
- Click Save at the bottom of the Page
- Refresh Store.
Your PayPal should now be configured as an alternative way for your clients to make payments on their e-commerce purchases. To test, add an e-commerce product to your cart and check out. You should see payment options that look like this at the top of your checkout page:
NOTE: Mobile users with Venmo installed can now see a new button for them at checkout. Venmo is a mobile app and is not supported on desktop versions of the site
NOTE: At checkout, PayPal Checkout is a lightbox overlay (your site is grayed-out behind it) allowing the customer to login and pay through their PayPal account without appearing to leave the site. This is automatically enabled your website.
NOTE: It's possible to require phone numbers on PayPal Checkout orders. To enable this feature, you'll need to 'Require Contact Phone Number' in your Paypal configuration - see this page for more information: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-account-settings-Archive/How-do-I-require-a-phone-number-from-my-customers/td-p/356200