Google Analytics 4 is the next-generation measurement solution, and it's replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing data. If you currently use Google Analytics, we strongly encourage you to make the switch to Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible.
Below are the instructions on how to configure your site to use GA4. Once configured properly, it will take up to 24 hours to see ecommerce events in the Monetization Reports.
- Locate or create a Google Analytics 4 property in your Google account
- Enable Google Analytics 4 (GA4) by setting Google.Analytics.GA4.Enabled to TRUE
- Add your GA4 tag Id (G-XXXXXXXX) to the Google.Analytics.GA4.TagId setting
a. How to find your Google tag id: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9539598?hl=en screenshots
- If needed, additional scripts can be added to the new Script.Google.Analytics.GA4 topic and the topic contents will be output on every page
- For full eCommerce tracking, the existing Vortx.DataLayer.Enabled setting must be enabled
- Google.Analytics.GA4.SelectItemClickTracking.Enabled Enables tracking of product navigation on entity, search, and featured listing pages. Disable if click tracking is interfering with product page links
- Google.Analytics.GA4.Debug.Enabled can be used for professional troubleshooting