Starting in AIMStorefront version 1.24, we have updated all product layouts ( Xml Packages ) to reflect recent changes in schema.org markup (structured data - this is helpful for Search Engine Optimization). We've also created some new options to toggle the display of SKU, SKUSuffix, and Manufacturer Part #.
Product Groups or Entity (category, manufacturer, section/department) pages are also updated to provide some options to change the display and organization of sub-categories / sub-departments.
There are two settings available, which are used on three entity layouts:
- Products In A List ( entity.simpleproductlist.xml.config )
- Products In A Grid ( entity.grid.xml.config )
- Products In A Grid With Prices ( entity.gridwithprices.xml.config )
You can find the settings in your AIMStorefront admin console (yourstore.com/aesys) under the Configuration > Settings menu. After making changes to settings in your store, click the Refresh Store link in the top right to force the changes into effect.
The two settings are:
When this is set to Yes, entity pages will display sub-entities in a grid format:
The same page on mobile devices looks like this:
When this is set to No, sub-entities will be displayed in a bullet list:
When this is set to Yes, entity pages will display images for each sub-category. NOTE: ShowSubCatsInGrid must also be set to yes for this setting to be observed.
SKU & MPN display can be toggled on / off for all product layouts with the following settings:
Each layout's use of these settings differs. For example, some layouts only support simple, single variant products, so the VariantSkuDisplay setting isn't taken into account, while others support more complex products, so both settings are used.
Reference the lists below to see how the settings are used for each layout:
Uses ProductSkuDisplay only:
Simple Product ( product.simpleproduct.xml.config )
- Simple Product With Large Image ( product.simpleproductlargeimage.xml.config )
Uses VariantSkuDisplay only:
- Variants In DropDown With Tabbed Layout ( product.tabbedui.xml.config )
- Variants In Dropdown ( product.variantsindropdown.xml.config )
- Advanced Product Image Display ( product.advancedimageviewer.xml.config )
Uses ProductSkuDisplay & VariantSkuDisplay:
- Variants In Right Column ( product.variantsinrightcolumn.xml.config )
- Variants In Grid ( product.variantsingrid.xml.config )
- Variants In List ( product.variantsinlist.xml.config )
The options for ProductSkuDisplay & VariantSkuDisplay allow you to:
- None: Hide the SKU (don't show anything!)
- FullSKU: Display the full product SKU ( Product SKU + ProductVariant SKUSuffix )
- SKU: Only show the product SKU ( Product SKU )
- SKUSuffix: Only show the variant SKUSuffix ( ProductVariant SKUSuffix )
Experiment with the different settings and click Refresh Store in your admin console as you make adjustments to see the different display options.
NOTE: The ShowManufacturerPartNumberOnProductPage setting is 'global', meaning it will turn the MPN display on or off for all products, regardless of which layout is in use. The ManufacturerPartNumber value associated with your products in AIMStorefront matches the Model value in AIM.
If you're not seeing these updates on your store, you might be using a modified layout.
Modified layouts (XmlPackages) are not automatically updated when we update your website with new releases. You can either merge the new code from the root /XmlPackages folder into your Skins XmlPackages folders (advanced users), or remove your modified layout from the Skins XmlPackage folder.
You can remove your modified layout by logging in to your website's FTP account and navigating to your Skins/Skin_1/XmlPackages folder ("Skin_1" may vary depending on your store's configuration). Look for files like: entity.*.xml.config, and product.*.xml.config, download them to your computer to make a quick backup, then delete them in your FTP client.
If you're not sure how to go about this, please submit a ticket, our team is standing by ready to help!